Protect your Vehicle
Break-ins are responsible for much of the auto glass repair and replacement in the United States. Motor vehicle theft, and the theft of property from motor vehicles, is increasing at a rate of 14% per year.
Everyone’s vehicle is at risk, and vehicles or the property inside are stolen wherever and whenever the opportunity presents itself. There are many safety precautions you can take to protect your vehicle, such as:
- When possible, park in a well lit area.
- Don’t leave personal identification in the car.
- Keep all valuables locked in the trunk and out of view.
- Never leave your car running and unattended, not even for a minute.
- Never leave your car unlocked.
- Mark the more expensive parts on your car with an engraving tool. Thieves hate parts that can be traced.
- If possible, don’t leave your keys with others. They can be stolen or copied.
- Leave your spare keys somewhere outside the car.